SOCIAL FORESTRY ADVANCE READING
Before coming to the Social Forestry course, you may want to do some reading to be better prepared to make the most of your time with us. Here are some suggestions.
- Speaking of Nature, Robin Wall Kimmerer discusses how language creates the connection or disconnection from nature.
- The Serviceberry; an Economy of Abundance, Robin Wall Kimmerer on reciprocity.
- The Lost Forest Gardens of Europe, Max Pachall, 2020
- The Concept & Practice of Social Foresty, City Repair PDC, 2021
- Social Forestry Workshop, Northern California Permaculture Convergence 2018
- Winter Forestry in the Oak Pine Savannah
- Siskiyou Seasonal Work Festivals (You can read an article covering this same material.)
- Botany in Day, The Patterns Method of Plant Identification, Thomas J. Elpel
- Braiding Sweet Grass; Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants, Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Pacific Coast Tree Finder: A Pocket Manual for Identifying Pacific Coast Trees
- Tending the Wild, Kat Anderson